Okay so October 2017 saw my first long haul flight, ever. Yes, ever. I have managed to make it to 27yrs old without suffering jet lag and more importantly avoiding using a plane toilet ? (if you know me, you know my aversion to public loos).
Well I had to get over both of these on our recent trip to New York, which you can read all about over on my work blog.
So in all my excitement, I thought I’d give you a run down on the thoughts I had on my first long haul flight…
- Wow this plane is posh!
- Omg don’t get too excited at the leather seats!
- The air actually smells clean!
- Wait, I’m not cramped in the middle?
- EVEN better now we have just two of us on the row
- So this entertainment system is pretty cool
- Omg they have 13 going on 30 AND SATC ??
- I hate these headphones, they never stay in my ears
- Ooh free booze! Yes, I’d love a wine…
- Wow I have a PINT of wine ?
- And it’s actually nice!
- Oh god, plane food. I’ll have the pasta as I don’t trust the chicken
- Ooh this is actually yummy!
- Ok my back is starting to hurt
- I wonder if I stretch my legs out if James will rub my feet?
- He’s such a good boy, rubbing my feet
- Films finished, so let’s read!
- Oh god, I think I need to pee.
- Man has just gone into the loo, I’ll wait for a while
- Right, I’ll wait longer as he’s been in there AGES ?
- Only 20 pages in but this book is INCRED
- I wanna keep reading but it’s too dark ?
- Guy in front just reclined his seat. Mega annoying, now my screen is titled #FirstWorldProblems ?
- Right, time to brace this toilet
- This is rank. Rank and small
- How on earth do people manage to have sex in these things ?
- Speaking of sex, pretty awkward watching a sex scene on the plane…. make that multiple sex scenes. Damn you SATC ?
- Why did I watch SATC, it always makes me cry.
- Don’t cry on the plane
- God I’m crying on the plane ?
- 3 times. What’s my deal
- Going to try and snooze
- Nope, not happening. Another film it is
- God Dodgeball is hilarious! But please just laugh and stop this surpressed snorting, Franki ?
- Aaaand we’re landing in NYC. That wasn’t so bad…!
I must admit, I had several giggles to myself whilst documenting the above; the novelty of it all made me feel like a child. But the awkward sex scenes in the Sex and the City movie were the worst, I felt like I was being caught watching a porno ??